Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Charan Episode V: Flood

Ugh... Cancelled class early today when a river of mud poured into the tent. The monsoons have really kicked in, it's awful, just awful, in Charan. I don't usually get all melodramatic about stuff but seriously - when you see class 5 shitwater rapids rising up within a foot of someone's flimsy tent, fierce enough to drown a grown man, you can't help but wonder how anyone can handle such difficult living conditions.

I was interviewed today by someone making a film about education in developing countries. He asked me if I didn't mind standing in the rain, "for dramatic effect." I said "Sure." It was interesting.

3 Comments:

At 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 
At 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 12:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home