Sunday, April 30, 2006

Monastic mountain meal with Pizza Pup & Shangri-La Lobsang

Lobsang is the manager of Shangri-La, the tastiest, cheapest, most happenin’ monk hangout, restaurant and guest house this side of the Himalaya. I head there every morning for some honey curd, tofu spinach soup, banana crepes with peanut better and hot lemon honey ginger. Yes, I eat like a gluttonous cow. I am no longer a skeletal shade of my former self, and food, thankfully, has reconciled her differences with my belly.

This past weekend, Lobsang was kind enough to treat me to pizza in Dharamkot (the new residence of Mr. Sanhueza), a small mountain village. Why is there pizzeria in a mountain village? I don’t know, I don’t care, I’m just happy to snarf crunchy mushroom garlic slices beneath a crown of craggy peaks. Sanhueza joined us for lunch, accompanied by his four-legged lady friend with gorgeous golden fur and wide brown eyes. She happily snacked on our leftover crusts, though we had to restrain her from chomping on some nearby kiddos.

1 Comments:

At 5:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tofu spinach soup :)

you must know who this is....?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home