Saturday, October 28, 2006

A brush with the Dalai Lama

A few months back when this woman sobbed, "I saw His Holiness! It was so moving, I can't help but cry," I thought to myself, "Oh good grief. I know he's an incredible spiritual being, but seriously, all he did was drive by you in a car."

I woke up early last week and stumbled upon rows upon rows of Tibetans lining the street, waiting. It became clear that the Dalai Lama would be passing by, so I joined them, just to see what the fuss was about. Along he came, riding in the passenger seat of an old white car. For just a few moments, I caught a clear glimpse of his long oval head adorned with his thick glasses. I felt rather choked up, along with a pleasant sense of awe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home