Sunday, July 30, 2006

All kinds of neat-o keen kindof things goin' on.

Just a ho-hum arbitrary update on the ups, downs and dangers of Dharamsala. What's new, you ask?

CRAP, i'm only here for 2 more weeks, and there's so much to finish up. On the plus side, when projects come to fruition one finally feels that sense of "Oh boy, this really worked!" Or, "Oh man, that was a huge waste of time!" Fortunately I'm feeling much more of the former (former=first one. I specify because I always get "former" and "latter" confused). More updates on the outcomes of those projects to come soon!

What else what else... WELL, remember how I said "for the birds" to the ten day meditation retreat? Well it seems I've since attained enlightenment via the furry path of Doggism. Last night I spend some evening hours chanting a bit (Om Mani Padme Hum = May all Sentient Beings be Happy) and circumnambulating (fancy name for walking clockwise around) the Temple. Lo and behold, a tiny brown furball shuffles up to me while I'm meditating and plops on my lap (my lap is warm, I guess). I'm like, "Dang, I can't get up, this is a good opportunity to practice still meditation for a long while." So this thing sleeps in my lap for like an hour, having little puppy dreams, growling, yipping and kicking every so subtly. Sad part is I eventually had to leave (my feet fell asleep, quite uncomfortable), but when I walked away the pup came crying after me and sat on my feet. Still I'm sure he or she had a mom somewheres so I gently shoo-ed it and went my way.

What else what else... Lots of neat stuff but no time to write at the moment. So much to do, so much to figure out in so little time! More soon!

Peas

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haa!!! I always get the two confused too! Former and latter both sound like latter to me!

 
At 11:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just two weeks left... wow, your stay has gone quick! India's loss will be our gain, looking forward to having you back Brent!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home