Friday, August 11, 2006

Last Reflections

View from Sophie's balcony

This morning I ran to the nearest waterfall, clambered over slippery rocks, stood just a few feet from the roaring cascade. Drenched in spray, acutely aware not to slip into the churning water, completely out of breath from the stone path sprint up the valley, I thought, "Now, I can go."

Tomorrow night I leave for home. This place has left deep impressions in me. I've had beautiful days, challenging days, and some days were totally for the birds. Dear friends, both new and old, have come and gone; some still remain and continue to do wonderful work. I've seen suffering as I could never imagine, felt joy, horror, amazement and peace as I've never experienced. I've been rained on, hit on, swindled, bitten, smitten and smothered with cheese.

My work here, I believe, has some sustainable positive impact. This is the greatest treat I could possibly receive from this journey, and I'm extremely thankful. I hope to come back soon!

Okay... I made up the part about the cheese. But it could happen.

1 Comments:

At 12:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent, your work has transformed the impact of our projects. You have been - and I hope will continue to be - a valuable player in all things Tong-Len.

Have a good break!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home